Saturday, December 14, 2019

Dwarf Army

I've finished painting my 15mm dwarf army! The below photo shows it arrayed as units for a Dragon Rampant warband.  The infantry are all Alternative Armies and the mounted figures are from Battle Valor Games.


I think dwarves don't need any fantastical rules to make them feel right on the battlefield.  Here's my list for a 24 point DR warband.

Axemen and Hammerers : Heavy Foot x 4 (4 points each, one with the Leader trait)





As you can see above, one unit includes the dwarf king and counts as the Leader unit for the warband.

Crossbows : Heavy Missiles (4 points)



Bear-riders : Heavy Riders (4 points)



I've got another unit of bear-riders painted up that can be swapped in as either a hero or alternate leader.  For a heroic unit, I'd classify them as Elite Riders with the Level-headed trait (8 points) and drop one Heavy Foot unit.  Or just add them in for a 32 point game. 🙂



So it's a six unit warband and the use of all heavy units makes it a slow, but hard-hitting force.  Just as dwarves ought to be.

As you may have noticed, they are based on group bases.  These are sized for Hordes of the Things.  I can easily put together a couple of 24 point HotT armies from what I've got here:

Dwarf Army I

Blade General (dwarf king) @ 2 AP x 1
Blades (dwarfs with axes and hammers) @ 2 AP x 9
Shooters (dwarfs with crossbows) @ 2 AP x 2

Dwarf Army II

Hero General (dwarf champion on bear) @ 4 AP x 1
Knights (dwarf bear-riders) @ 2 AP x 4
Blades (dwarfs with axes and hammers) @ 2 AP x 4
Shooters (dwarfs with crossbows) @ 2 AP x 2

No comments: